Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole (Serves 4)
1 Tbsp plus 1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Lb Chicken Breasts (about 2), boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded (plus additional for sprinkling on top)
3 Cups Cooked Wild Rice (I cooked 1 cup uncooked wild rice in 4 cups water for 50 minutes)
1. Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the onions for 2 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, season with 1/2 tsp of salt and cook another 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the onions are translucent.
3. Remove the mushroom mixture and place in a bowl.
4. Heat 1 tsp of oil in the sauté pan and cook the chicken, garlic powder and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Combine all the ingredients together, place in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and sprinkle with additional shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.