Our Soft and Chewy M&M'S Cookies have a buttery cookie dough, that's loaded with bright colored mini M&M'S candies, making them a super delicious cookie!
Author: Heather Carter - MySweetMission.net
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10.8 oz) bag M&M'S mini milk chocolate candies, reserve ¼ cup
- Preheat an oven to 360 degrees F. I found this temperature to be perfect for my gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars and salt. Mix on low speed for about a minute, then on medium speed for another minute.
- Add the eggs & vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then at medium speed for a minute and then on high speed for an additional minute. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda. Then add the remainder of the flour a cup at a time.
- Mix in the M&M'S® mini milk chocolate candies on low speed, reserving ¼ cup for the tops.
- Using a 2 ounce cookie scooper, place dough on ungreased baking sheets about 2" a part. Place a few M&M'S mini milk chocolate candies on the tops where needed.
- Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Adding the baking powder and soda with the first cup of flour will insure the small ingredients are incorporated well, and eliminates the need to sift the dry ingredients together.
Check both sides of the dough and place the side with the most candies facing up.
For crispier cookies; press the dough balls down a little before baking.
For a convection oven: Bake at 325 degrees F for 9-11 minutes.
Store in an airtight container. These cookies also freeze well.